We’ve all at some point in time had to stop working on an important project or playing a fun game because our laptop battery runs out and we’re not near an outlet. Given that at least for the time being, there won’t always be a charging station available where you would like to do some work or browse the internet, it’s helpful to know how to maximize your laptop battery’s lifespan. While all batteries naturally deteriorate over time, here are a few ways to keep your laptop battery “healthy” and enhance its longevity.
- Don’t leave your battery completely drained and never keep it plugged in once it’s fully charged.
- Refrain from exposing your battery to temperature extremes, high or low. Keep between 41 and 70 degrees, Fahrenheit.
- If you are going to keep your laptop plugged into a power source for a long period of time, remove the battery to prevent damage caused by the heat from being plugged in.
- Never store your battery for long periods of time, for this can result in extreme discharge. If you plan to store away your battery for a few weeks, recharge it to 40% and remove it from your laptop.
- Last but not least, don’t drop it! Batteries are constructed of sensitive materials and any physical shock can affect the long-term performance.
OptfinITy has been working with small businesses and organizations for over 18 years and helping them to find the best technology to optimize operations and productivity. If you have any questions about laptop recommendations or which technology is the best fit for your organization, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 703-790-0400 or visit us on the web at www.optfinity.com.