Happy Labor Day Weekend! While you celebrate your extended weekend with cookouts, parades, and enjoying time off from work , you might want to know that hackers may be watching closely. Holidays are notorious magnets for hackers because of online sales, where people are quick to input their personal info and payment information.
To avoid falling victim to these attacks, there are several steps that consumers can take.
- Make sure that all your devices are up to date and have the latest operating system.
- This helps to ensure that you have the latest security patches and limits the vulnerabilities that hackers can exploit.
- If you choose to travel, be wary of pop-up ads on travel sites and strange emails promoting airline or hotel deals. These may be attempting to harvest your personal information or financial information. Whether you’re purchasing airline tickets, hotel rooms, or items online, don’t allow sites to save your credit card information in their system.
- If a site you’ve used your card on gets exploited, your card credentials, name, and address can be accessed by hackers.
- Keep and eye on your email and bank account statements for any signs of suspicious activity, and enjoy your weekend safely!
If you find yourself concerned about your network’s security capabilities, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com