If you’re using Google Chrome, it’s time to check for a critical security update. Google released a Chrome update to patch a significant vulnerability that is actively being exploited in ongoing cyberattacks. Google urged users to update Chrome as soon as possible.
How to update Chrome on iPhone or iPad:
- Open the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Profile Properties in the top right corner. This will open a screen labelled Account. Scroll to Available Updates
- Search for Google Chrome. Tap Update to install the latest browser updates. (You may be asked to provide your Apple ID and password)
If Chrome isn’t listed under available updates, you can go to Google Chrome in the App Store. You may see an option to update Chrome appear, you can tap that button to begin updating.
How to update Chrome on a desktop
It doesn’t matter whether you are using MacOS or Windows, your google Chrome update process is the same.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the More menu (it’s located in the top right corner; it looks like three dots stacked vertically)
- Now you’ll see if an update has been recently released. A green icon means an update was released less than two days ago. An orange icon means there’s been a pending update for four days now. A red icon means an update has been available for at least a week
- Near the bottom of the More menu, click Help and then click About Google Chrome.
- In the new screen that opens, click the Update Google Chrome button (if you don’t see the button, it means you’re already up to date)
- After you’ve clicked the Update Google Chrome button, click Relaunch to finish the update
Chrome will now restart, and you’ll be up to date.
If you have any questions on updating Google Chrome or protecting yourself from security bugs, please contact us at email@example.com.