With the recent declaration by WHO (World Health Organization) we are now dealing with a pandemic, and it is important to consider the following items when preparing for teleworking:
• Making sure the employee has the proper direct communication tools (cell phone, work phone or app to access the phone system)
• Making sure the employees can access their information securely (using VPN, remote desktop applications)
• Making sure the employee has a computer or remote computer access
• Making sure that the employee has the ability to collaborate and communication with their staff (Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams, Slack)
• Making sure that the employee stays on task and on-track (Rescue time, Focus Time, etc.)
While many organizations have access to tools already if they use Google’s G-Suite or Office-365, there are other applications out there who are making their products available if needed. For more information on those types of apps, see the following link: https://optfinity.com/web-video-conferencing-applications-benefiting-coronavirus-outbreak/
Should your organization need assistance with teleworking or other remote access policies, please give OptfinITy a call and we will be glad to work with you.